• Staff Attorney
Bailey Hill serves as staff attorney at Crone & McEvoy, PLC. A Hutchison School graduate, Bailey went on to earn a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Memphis in 2011 and her juris doctor from the University of Memphis’ Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law in 2014. Licensed in the state of Tennessee, she is a member of the Memphis Bar Association and Tennessee Bar Association. Prior to her role at Crone & McEvoy, she interned at local law firms Lawrence & Russell and Rosenblum & Reisman.
Bailey is a native Memphian, and when she is not working, enjoys spending time with her two dogs.
Her favorite aspect about working at Crone & McEvoy? The focus we put on our clients, keeping them updated and involved in their cases.
Favorite vacation spot: The beach – any beach!
Favorite sports team to root for: How can you live in Memphis and not root for the Tigers and the Grizzlies? They both have an energy and spirit that bring out the best in this city.
Something about you many people do not know: I have begun collecting first-edition John Grisham books.
Mediation Clinic University of Memphis • Stephen Shields
Student (January 2014-May 2014)
- Received TN Supreme Court Rule 31 Mediation Certification
- Shadowed Judge Claxton in a Mediation regarding USERRA
- Performed Mock Mediations in class to utilize the training of the Rule 31 Course
Downtown Memphis Commission • Paul Morris
Legal Extern Fall Semester (August 2013-December 2013)
- Performed research for the legal definition of “Public Use” in connection with the DMC project focusing on further development and better use of the downtown riverfront area.
- Researched, prepared, and filed a memorandum to City Council concerning the legality of Parking Meter issues as it relates to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Tennessee Code.
- Looked for Constitutional issues within the current Downtown Memphis sign code.
Rosenblum and Reisman Attorneys at Law • Marc Reisman, Jeff Rosenblum, & Mark Mesler
Law Clerk (May 2013-August 2013)
- Aided in the daily preparation of Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice cases within the firm.
- Answered and drafted interrogatories, summarized depositions, researched EMTALA law, and helped organize and prepare documents for trial.
- Researched and composed memoranda to senior partners for smaller, niche issues of law that arose within particular cases (automobile liens and liability of parents for a minor child’s tort).
- Met with a client to draft a motion in order to obtain funds to support her grandchildren.
Intern (Oct. 2010-March 2011)
- Shadowed Mr. Mesler in day-to-day activities of criminal defense law and helped prepare daily for cases.
- Learned how to communicate with clients and help them feel at ease in their current situation.
Lawrence & Russell, LLC • Jodi Runger, Lance Oliver, & Matt Stephens
Law Clerk (May 2012-August 2012)
- Made daily contact on cases in the field of ERISA law.
- Answered complaints and drafted motions on new cases that came into the office.
- Drafted letters based on new federal court precedent in US Airways v. McCutchen [663 F. 3d 671 (2011)] and CGI v. Rose [683 F.3d 1113 (2012)].
- University of Memphis, Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law (2011-2014)
Juris Doctor, Memphis, TN
- Dean’s Award for Excellence, Best Oral Advocate 2012
- Guest Lecturer, Concorde Career College: Legal Considerations in the Practice of Dental Hygiene. April and December 2013, August 2014
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity (2011-2014), Social Chair (2013-2014), Regional Leadership Conference (September 2013)
- Hutchison School Young Alumnae Committee (2011-2013)
- University of Memphis Cum Laude (2007-2011)
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, Memphis, TN
- Sigma Alpha Lambda Honors Fraternity
- Dean’s List (2008-2009)
- Delta Gamma Fraternity